[CLUE-Tech] Seeking tabbed text editor

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Mar 21 05:40:40 MST 2003

On Thursday 20 March 2003 08:06 pm, bof wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good text editor allowing tabbed editing of
> multiple files? I was using Glimmer but it has gotten so old that it
> does not compile on new systems, and Gedit is not as sophisticated as I
> would like.

Here's two from KDE:

 + Quanta is a WWW IDE  http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
 + Kate http://kate.kde.org/

Quanta is tabbed.  Kate is not strictly tabbed, but has an easy-to-use
navigation window ala TextPad - a popular replacement on MS Windows for
Notepad.

Finally, Vim (http://www.vim.org/) has one or more plugins to give you quick
navigation between files.  Definitely not tabbed, but noteworthy for sure.

Jeff
--
    planet earth (tm)
http://jefferycann.com/