[CLUE-Tech] Merge tool for combining files

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 11:09:11 MST 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 08:29:54AM -0800, Art Reisman wrote:
> Does anybody know of an easy to use Linux merge tool
> that allows you to merge two files together? Typically
> these types of tools are used to combine two slightly
> different files into a new file, and they allow you to
> select the differences you want through an interface.
>
> I found something called xxdiff, but after an hour of
> trying to get it built and installed it seemed not to
> be worth it. Just need a text based tool nothing
                          ^^^^^^^
> fancy.

vimdiff ;  You can do :help diff in any session for documentation.

Someone else suggested tkdiff, I've used this before and it is good, but
is does require a GUI and Tk.

If your a vim'r (and who shouldn't be?) vimdiff is second nature.  I'm
sure emacs has a similiar feature, and thats as diplomatic as I can be
on the subject :^)

-
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
kehellman at yahoo.com               from disclaimer import standard

"Experience is a harsh teacher.  She gives the test before you learn the
lesson."

--Unknown