[CLUE-Tech] VNC for a single application

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Mon Mar 24 21:05:06 MST 2003

On 03-22 14:11, Keith Hellman wrote:

> Not long ago, someone posted a query about X extensions/utilities for
> 'moving' an X application from one display to another.  Apparently this
> is possible with VNC for whole desktops (I'm not sure), but this person
> wanted granularity of a particular application.
>
> So, whoever did post the query, you may want to check out the readme at
>   http://www.medialogic.it/projects/mlview/README-MLVIEW.html
>
> I believe the feature you describe is down at the bottom, unfortunately
> under the 'FUTURE DEVELOPMENT' heading, but perhaps you should keep an
> eye on this project.
>
> Incidently, it would seem ml-view is an X protocol compression and
> caching proxy.  If you are doing remote X-ing across slow lines (or
> ssh?), this software may interest you.
>
> I haven't downloaded it, and don't use it, I just ran across it.  Nuf
> said.

That was me. Yes, I see what looks like what I was looking for in item #5
under future development. Yes, indeedy, sounds promising. This is one page
for the bookmarks.

Thanks,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Listen to other people's opinions, for as by-standers, they see things more
clearly than you would. But never let anyone tell you what is right, or what
is wrong. Just be sure you get all the facts right, and make your own
decisions.
-Jason Q.