[CLUE-Tech] VNC for a single application

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 14:11:10 MST 2003

Not long ago, someone posted a query about X extensions/utilities for
'moving' an X application from one display to another.  Apparently this
is possible with VNC for whole desktops (I'm not sure), but this person
wanted granularity of a particular application.

So, whoever did post the query, you may want to check out the readme at
  http://www.medialogic.it/projects/mlview/README-MLVIEW.html

I believe the feature you describe is down at the bottom, unfortunately
under the 'FUTURE DEVELOPMENT' heading, but perhaps you should keep an
eye on this project.

Incidently, it would seem ml-view is an X protocol compression and
caching proxy.  If you are doing remote X-ing across slow lines (or
ssh?), this software may interest you.

I haven't downloaded it, and don't use it, I just ran across it.  Nuf
said.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
kehellman at yahoo.com               from disclaimer import standard

"Experience is a harsh teacher.  She gives the test before you learn the
lesson."

--Unknown