[CLUE-Tech] kernel - signal 11

Marcin marbej at wp.pl
Thu May 1 11:33:48 MDT 2003

Hi all,

Probably someone of you had a problem with compiling his kernel.
The most popular problem is error: signal 11.
I want write to you how I defeated this problem. Maybe it'll be useful for
someone of you.

I tried compile kernel 2.2.20 and 2.4.18, but.... signall 11 :(
What I did?
First I compiled my kernel (2.4.18-5) with minimal configuration. No network
support, no printer support, no sound support, etc, etc. Success!!!! I
compiled my kernel :) Next I recompiled it. I added network support, sound
support, and all what I needed, and.... victory! I have got compiled kernel
2.4.18-5 and now I'm using it :)
Also I recommend a special web page about signal 11.
Look at http://www.BitWizard.nl/sig11/ - this page is very useful.

I compiled kernel 2.4.18-5
on   : Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody
with : gcc-2.95.4 (20011002)

PS: probably my combined RAM (32+64) was cause of my signall 11 problem,
because both (32RAM and 64RAM) have diffrent speed.

Have a nice day.

--
Greetings from Poland
Marcin Betlej