[CLUE-Tech] ssh forwarding

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Mon May 19 09:14:07 MDT 2003

I've read the SSH guide but cannot seem to figure this out.

I'm on machine1, a POP server is running on machine2.  Both machines have SSH client and server software installed and running.

I want to open a POP session on machine 2 from machine1 and run that session through an encrypted tunnel.

I tried this from machine1:

ssh -L 10110:localhost:110 me at machine2

It asks for my password, I give it, and I get a prompt at machine 2.  Now what?

I left that running and then tried, from another session on machine1:

telnet localhost 10110

but that just hangs.