[CLUE-Tech] CRAP...that and annoying DVD error messages.

Chris Terry tuba_man at attbi.com
Wed May 21 16:00:27 MDT 2003

I'm having an annoying problem.  It doesn't seem to be causing any
difficulties tho.
When my DVD drive is empty, I get this error in sets of four, about
twice a second:
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 0

It is stopped by inserting a CD or DVD.

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but upon inserting a CD, I get

hdc: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdc: packet command error: error=0x54
end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 0
ATAPI device hdc:
   Error: Illegal request -- (Sense key=0x05)
   Cannot read medium - incompatible format -- (asc=0x30, ascq=0x02)
   The failed "Send DVD Structure" packet command was:
   "ad 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 "

Any ideas?  I'm thinking that eliminating one will eliminate the other.
  Here's hoping...