[CLUE-Tech] Verifying a CD

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Fri May 23 16:02:21 MDT 2003

Is there a simple way of verifying that a CD contains a valid iso9660
filesystem? I know that cdrecord has a flag to do that at the time you
burn the CD, but I need to check some existing CDs. A while back I
burned several sets of Debian with my old (and very funky) CD burner,
and I know some of the CDs were bad, but I don't know which ones. I'd
like identify the coasters and get rid of them.

I have tried mounting the CDs, but I found that trying to mount a bad
one would lock up my machine for a long period of time, so I'd rather
not do it that way.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through