[CLUE-Tech] .forward question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu May 29 11:41:06 MDT 2003

Yeah, I have procmail running SA, but I use sendmail, that's why I have
to launch procmail using the .forward file.  I don't know of another way
to do it since I'm very, very new to using procmail.  And I have another
question about this config... this line:

:0:

What does it do differently than this line:

:0fw

I think I pretty much understand this config - I think that the mail
gets a first pass through procmail and if it's less than 256k, SA scans
it.  Then it passes through again, and if it's flagged as spam, it gets
dumped in "spam".  Then, if it's not spam, it gets forwarded.  And yeah,
I may want him to be able to read his spam... but the reason I'm running
SA through his mail first is because somehow he got on a bunch of porn
mailing lists (I won't ask) and when the mail gets bounced to his other
account dave at somewhere.com, the spam blocking software on their server
sends it right back to my server, which tries to bounce it back to the
source.  Most spam doesn't resolve, so the mail bounces back to the root
account mail box as undeliverable mail after 4 hours.  It's ticking me
off since it all gets bounced back to my server which really has nothing
to do with it, so I wouldn't mind sending it directly to /dev/null so
that other server doesn't waste any more of my servers resources by
sending back through me.

--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com