[CLUE-Tech] information

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Thu May 29 21:34:57 MDT 2003

Bill,

The simpliest issue: Linux is great for DIFYers (Do It For Yourself),
but the differing "distros" that are offered, like Red Hat, provide a
bundle of things to get you started.  If we all drove a Ford, there
would not be much competition, but because Linux is Open Source, ANYONE
can create their own, thus the DIFY perspective. Just like anything,
Linux has a lot of strengths and some weaknesses and depending on what
you want to do will determine if there is an advantage or not.

Just my $0.01

Kevin

--
Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com>