[CLUE-Tech] mac-fdisk questoion

Francis Maier Fran.Maier at archden.org
Fri May 30 05:41:33 MDT 2003

Folks,

Trying to install Debian on a PowerMac G3.

In partitioning my hard disk with mac-fdisk, I created a swap partition
(/dev/hda12) and root partition (/dev/hda13) in the Apple_UNIX_SVR2
format.

When I try to proceed with installation, activating the swap device, I
get a message that:

"The swap partition /dev/hda12 could not be activated: Cannot allocate
memory."

I get a similar message if I reorder the root and swap partitions.

I'm running 768 megs of memory in my Mac.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.