[CLUE-Tech] Who do I surrender to?

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 19:43:45 MDT 2003

>> _____
>> Trying to install Debian on a PowerMac G3.
>>
>> In partitioning my hard disk with mac-fdisk, I created a swap partition
>> (/dev/hda12) and root partition (/dev/hda13) in the Apple_UNIX_SVR2
>> format.

IIRC the swap partition isn't formatted, it's merely a "raw" partition
without a filesystem. Ensuring the partition type is set correctly to
Type 82 (Linux Swap) should suffice. Perhaps you can just create an
unused partition using your Mac fdisk utility, then use the Debian fdisk
utility to properly (re)label it.

Another consideration, does the swap partition need to be contained
within the first 1024 cylinders? How about the root partition? I really
don't know anything about Mac architecture but a quick google search on
"linux swap partition type debian powermac g3" brings up plenty o'
stuff.

ct