[CLUE-Tech] Copying VCDs?

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Sun Nov 2 14:08:03 MST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 05:07:23PM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> Anyway, before I go doing RTFM'ing on this I wanted to be lazy and ask here
> on the offchance anyone else has done this already...

Well, if your interested in being lazy, why not try:
$dd if=/dev/cdrom of=vcd.image
# verifiable (linux has loop option, I suspect *BSDs have something
similar)?
$mount -o loop vcd.image /mnt

# finally
$dd if=vcd.image |cdrecord_analogous_freebsd_utility

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

"We will perhaps eventually be writing only small modules which are identified
by name as they are used to build larger ones, so that devices like
indentation, rather than delimiters, might become feasible for expressing local
structure in the source language."

-- Donald E. Knuth, "Structured Programming with goto Statements", Computing
Surveys, Vol 6 No 4, Dec. 1974