[CLUE-Tech] Some CLI examples for new people

Jay Seven Ess j7s12b at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 09:24:49 MST 2003

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 23:10, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to show some of the CLI capabilities to people who don't
> understand Linux/UNIX.  Does anyone have some examples of the various
> things which can be done with the CL?

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but it is a good
resource if you are looking to learn. IBM has a lot of good educational
goodies at
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/

Look at the "Tutorials" link at the right for  "LPI certification 101
(release 2) exam prep, Part 2: Basic administration". The other parts
to this series are good too. examples include

	$ cat myfile.txt | sort | uniq | wc -l

The  "Articles, columns, tips" link on the left has a lot of good stuff
too. This stuff is free after registration and most of it is
downloadable in pdf form .