[CLUE-Tech] What are your cablemodem/dsl download speeds?

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 16:23:18 MST 2003

Hi Folks,

How long is it taking those of you with cablemodems or DSL to download an
average sized Linux distribution ISO (~650mb?)

Whipping out the old calculator, this is about 120k/second:

  echo "scale=2;650000000/(90*60)"|bc
  120370.37

With my cablemodem, it's taking about 90 minutes, give or take a few.  This
isn't as fast as I remember from previous ISP's.  I'd appreciate any comments
from the rest of you, so that I have some comparative info.

Thanks!

====Keith