[CLUE-Tech] What are your cablemodem/dsl download speeds?

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 8 17:41:24 MST 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 15:23:18 -0800 (PST) Keith Christian
<keithchristian at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> How long is it taking those of you with cablemodems or DSL to download an
> average sized Linux distribution ISO (~650mb?)
>

> With my cablemodem, it's taking about 90 minutes, give or take a few.  This
> isn't as fast as I remember from previous ISP's.

Most of the time it's slower than that, but the speed is so dependant on
the capabilities at the source end (as opposed to the cable) that it's
rediculous to attempt comparisons. Try downloading a KNOPPIX distro if you want
something as slow as watching paint dry!

BTW, please don't start a new topic by replying to a previous thread; it messes
up threading for most mailers.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the