[CLUE-Tech] Creating a database with phpmyadmin?

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Mon Nov 24 10:08:15 MST 2003

Not sure if you can do that with phpmyadmin, never used it.

This way is probably easier: Just replay your dump back to the mysql
running on the new box.

cat backup.dump | mysql

Beautifully simple.

Then if you have a transaction log (sounds like you don't though) you can
replay everything that happened since the last backup, bringing the
database completely current.

mysqlbinlog host-bin.xxx | mysql --one-database=dbname