[CLUE-Tech] Creating a database with phpmyadmin?

Steve Fry cluelist at ir3w.com
Mon Nov 24 10:08:57 MST 2003

Ed:

> I want to move a mysql database from one machine to another. I managed to
> dump the database to a file using mysqldump and now want to recreate the
> database on another machine.

> Can I use phpmyadmin to create/populate it?

Yes.

While I (obviously) don't know which version of phpMyAdmin you're using,
on mine, I copy/create databases as follows:

Use the "Export" function (link), "Structure and Data", "save as
gzipped" to grab your existing DB.

Use the "SQL" function (link), "Or Location of the textfile", "gzipped"
to upload your new DB.

Steve

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW