[CLUE-Tech] Creating a database with phpmyadmin?

Grep Ergo Sum - I grep therefore I am dwh at surfingpenguin.com
Mon Nov 24 10:09:01 MST 2003

Ed,

   The output of mysqldump is just a big text file containing a bunch of
mysql commands.

   To restore it, you would normally do something like:

mysql -udbadmin -pdbadminpassword TheDatabaseName < file-created-with-mysqlbackup

If it says "database does not exist", get into mysql, create the database, then
do the above command.

                                        Dave