[CLUE-Tech] dhclient question

Chris Greene r0x0rman at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 20:46:58 MDT 2003

I've been using RH 7.3 and dhcpcd with no problems.  I recently upgraded to
RH 9.0 (new install) and it does not have dhcpcd.   I am now trying to use
dhclient to obtain an IP address from Comcast.   I am able to obtain an IP
with no problem, but I am not getting my resolv.conf updated with any DNS
information.  I am running the command as 'dhclient eth0' with eth0 being my
interface to the world.  I looked on my 7.3 machine and it has dhclient
installed also.  I removed my resolv.conf file on 7.3, killed dhcpcd with
'dhcpcd -k' and ran 'dhclient eth0'.   I was surprised when I saw that it
created the /etc/resolv.conf file and had all the info I needed.  Anyone
know why dhclient would update resolv.conf on 7.3 and not on 9.0?  I was not
able to find much on the net.  Thanks.