[CLUE-Tech] dhclient question

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Wed Oct 8 23:48:33 MDT 2003

Chris,

resolv.conf is being updated. On RH9, it may be found in two places:

	/etc
	/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default

The second one is the one that is probably being used for DHCP. The
following is very useful to read up on RH9:

	http://www.gurulabs.com/RedHatLinux9-review.html

I have used both with success. However, read the web page. You can
create your own network profile, for example, "athome" in the following
directory:

	/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/athome

Modify your boot menu to append netprofile=athome. This is good for
laptops when connecting to different networks.

Match