[CLUE-Tech] Re: Libranet 2.8 and an HSF Winmodem

Chuck Downing cdowning at amigo.net
Thu Oct 9 16:15:27 MDT 2003

Dan Harris wrote:

 >I've been down the path of trying to make Win(Lose?)modems work with
 >Linux and for all the headaches I've had, I'd easily trade them for the
 >cost of a Xircom PCMCIA modem.  Now that trusty card goes everywhere I
 >do, and I always have a working modem in my laptop with minimal fuss.
 >
 >-Dan

Thanks, Dan.

Since we usually travel by car, I have lugged an external serial modem
around for a year or so, but, as I said, this box has no serial port, or
I'd be in like Flynn.  My first thought when seeing your message was to
answer back, "But that would be giving in the the b*****ds, wouldn't
it?"  I probably will, sooner or later.

Thanks for the pointer.

Chuck Downing