[CLUE-Tech] OOo styles

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Wed Oct 22 12:44:45 MDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 07:55, Jeff Cann wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 October 2003 6:13 am, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I can apply hotkey combinations to various styles
> > so I can just hit Ctrl+1 (or something) for a level 1 heading, Ctrl+2
> > for a level 2 heading, and so on? I've looked quite a bit and I haven't
> > found it yet.
>
> I don't think you can map keys to styles, although I know you can remap menu
> items to your preferred set of keyboard shorts.

Crap. I could swear that used to be available in Star Office...

> Since you're writing in OO, which stores in XML format, couldn't you just
> continue to use VIM, write your book in docbook XSD and then write a style
> sheet to render the OO XML?  Probably a lot of work, but at least you could
> map various docbook elements to VIM shortcuts.

That's a thought... part of the problem with that would be that there
are a number of styles that they use that don't fit with DocBook. That
would also mean I'd have to add elements to DB or something...

It strikes me as an odd feature to leave out... if you're going to use
styles frequently in a document, it would stand to reason that you'd
also want to have hotkeys that correspond to styles in the same way you
have hotkeys that correspond to bold text, italicized text and so on...

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net