[CLUE-Tech] Enthusiasm for Linux

Jay Seven Ess j7s12b at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 24 22:34:05 MDT 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 18:38, Chris Terry wrote:
> When I first made my switch to Linux (about a year and a half ago), I
> was willing to accept the fact that Linux is very different from
> Windows, in archetecture, focus, and attitude.

Its been 4 or 5 years since I switched. RedHat 5.x was a lot more
frightening for a windowz user to switch to then todays slick and shiny
distro's.  For all the annoyances of support, features, etc. I still
stay on Linux because there are lots of issues on other platforms as
well. Just to list a trivial and arbitrary few things...

I don't miss rebooting
I don't miss having a windows registry
I don't miss daily critical updates
I don't miss the continuous stream of viri, worms, etc
I don't miss updating virus definitions
I don't miss BSOD's
I don't miss cramming my work onto a single Desktop
I don't miss defrag'ing the hard drive

Of course there are lots more important reasons I left out. Feel
free to add to the list.