[CLUE-Tech] Enthusiasm for Linux

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Mon Oct 27 23:14:30 MST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:15:15 -0700
Chuck Downing <chuckdowning at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Match,
>
> Thanks for your time.

> Blackdown comes on the Libranet 2.8 CD.  I have a dial-up Internet
> connection on a single phone line to the house, with a full-time wife
> in residence.  If the Libranet/Blackdown bundle won't work out of the
> box, how does that build my confidence in Linux?

I don't see this as a Linux problem. Sun's JDK works just fine on Linux.
I think you should be shooting Libranet and not Linux! If it doesn't
work it is probably because Libranet did not test properly.

The last time I used Blackdown was some 4 years ago, so I do not think
the problem is there. I stopped using it because JBuilder (which I was
using at the time, shipped with Sun's JDK). I switched to Eclipse over a
year ago and never looked back.

Match