[CLUE-Tech] Using CSS to get an HTML table effect.

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 16:24:18 MST 2003

Hi Jed,

Briefly, CSS2 compliance is not achieved by most of the browsers out there.

Use Google and search for css2 compliance.  If you have Mozilla, there are
some verification pages under one of the menus (Tools?) that can test some of
this out for you.

It will probably be another year or so before there is a majority of browsers
with good CSS2 performance.  For now, I would stick with <table> or <div> for
layout, and use CSS1 for font styles, colors, etc.  On the other hand, if
you're developing an intranet or other application where the browser is a
known quantity, then develop to that spec.

My 2 cents' worth.

======Keith