[CLUE-Tech] Kernel config: Intel PIIXn ?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Oct 30 07:01:25 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 06:32, Matt Gushee wrote:

> So anyway, my question is: how do I know whether to enable
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PIIX or not? The docs don't give a clear explanation of
> what it does.

If your board has that chipset, I'd enable it. Apparently there are
problems with PIO settings set by the motherboard if you don't have
that. It overrides the faulty (with Linux, anyway) BIOS settings.

Whether that's related to your other problem or not, I'm not sure -- it
may be, since you manage to mount the / drive, but not the rest.

Good luck,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier