[CLUE-Tech] 3ddesktop Installed correctly

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 16:18:10 MDT 2004

--- vbsouthern <vbsouthern at access4less.net> wrote:
> After following you instructions 3ddesktop installed just fine. Now
> I'm
> trying to bind a key to run 3ddesktop. I followed the instructions
> below
> exactly as written except 3ddesktop installed itself in
> /usr/local/bin
> so I made the appropriate edit. When I press the key F12 nothing
> happens.

This is the first time I've ever used gconf-editor, I wonder how much I
just hosed things up (on a RH8 machine).

Anyhow, I got it to work just fine, I followed the instructions you
provided and defined F12 to run xterm. I didn't use any quotation marks
around any strings, could that be causing your problem? BTW I'm
assuming you can run your new 3ddesk app from the command line and it
works?

ct