[CLUE-Tech] Port Forwarding / routing w/ cisco 678

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Apr 14 17:57:19 MDT 2004

Dave Price wrote:
[...]
> I can call up web pages and login via ssh from 'outside' the LAN just
> fine, but when I am 'inside' I cannot use the 64.65.162.63 address to
> connect, although the 10.0.0.2 address works fine for http and ssh.
>
> Below is the (I think) relevant config info from the 678.  Am I mistaken
> in my belief that the 'outside' address should work the same whether we
> are inside or out?  Any hints as to what I need to change to get this to
> work right?

inside or outside, just as Mike says.

The rest of your config is the same as mine.  What do you filter
settings look like (sh fi)?

One thought.  We don't have a route on the modem to the external
interface.  So it may, rather than realizing a packet is for it and
processing it, send it out to the WAN.  If so, my ISP obviously routes
them back.  Perhaps yours does not.

That might explain why some of us work and some don't (but I'd still
check the filter settings).

Frank Whitely knows about this stuff, maybe he has a better answer ;-)