[CLUE-Tech] Port Forwarding / routing w/ cisco 678

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Apr 15 17:46:40 MDT 2004

Dave Price wrote:
[...]
> Yes, that is a bit drastic - is there a way to save save the original
> config to another box on on a 678 via ftp or tftp just in case.

There is, with tftp or via the serial port (I have a note around here on
what protocol to use if you go the serial route).

> Also,  I should point out that I did not originally set up this 678 and
> it is using a ppp conection - if that makes any difference

Do you have the directions to set it up from scratch (from your DSL
provider)?  Probably it's very similar to what Qwest sent me back when.
  If you don't have any filters the only non-default thing you'd need is
your NAT settings which are pretty easy for you.

What firmware are you running?  Some of your screenshots seem odd to me.