[CLUE-Tech] Networking with Samba

vbsouthern vbsouthern at access4less.net
Thu Apr 15 00:50:55 MDT 2004

In the past I have always kept a small partition on my system for
Windows 98. After all I learned about computers using Microsoft
products. Now MS no longer supports win98 and downloading the updates is
like pulling teeth so I completely reformatted my computer and made it a
total Linux system.

My wife is a lovely person and she is an expert in her field. However
she knows nothing about computers and depends on me to backup her
system. I have never been very good at networking computers so I have
relied on web sites for info about networking MS to MS systems.

I have read through the Samba documentation and even though I can tell
it is written in english it might as well be written in greek. I just
can't seem to get what they are talking about.

I want to connect my system Mandrake/Linux to her Windows ME OS. Can
anyone point me to a web site or other resource with instructions that
are written for dummies like me?

vbsouthern at access4less.net