[CLUE-Tech] Networking with Samba

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Thu Apr 15 08:43:18 MDT 2004

> I have read through the Samba documentation and even though I can tell
> it is written in english it might as well be written in greek. I just
> can't seem to get what they are talking about.
>
> I want to connect my system Mandrake/Linux to her Windows ME OS. Can
> anyone point me to a web site or other resource with instructions that
> are written for dummies like me?

I don't have any sites to point you to but I can give you stop shopping for setting up samba among many other things your linux computer...webmin...http://www.webmin.com. Its a VERY nice program that helps you set up your linux machines using an intuitive GUI. I've had several of my windows people learn to setup systems this way and go look at the config files (in your case the smb.conf file) and see how putting something in the GUI translates to the correct config file.

Good luck!
Chris
--
Therapy is expensive, poppin' bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.

http://ccicolorado.org
Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People - Help Out Today!