[CLUE-Tech] Suse questions

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu Apr 15 14:31:05 MDT 2004

I have a few more command based SuSE questions.  Again, I'm working with
9.0 and on RedHat, the following commands work great:

updatedb
locate somefile
/usr/bin/rdate -s time.nist.gov

Without my ability to search using locate, or slocate, I have no idea
how I'm supposed to search the file system for files I'm looking for.  I
also can't seem to locate the rdate command, which I found to be very
handy with Red Hat to get my servers all synced up at the same time.
Does anyone who uses SuSE know what the equivalents would be? Most of
the documentation for SuSE I have found on line is in German, and that
doesn't do a lot for me.
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com