[CLUE-Tech] WAS The new debian installer - NOW Fedora Minimal

Greg Knaddison greg at knaddison.com
Sun Apr 18 20:19:18 MDT 2004

David Anselmi wrote:

> I've tried this on FC 1 and the closest I got was removing over 100
> packages when I was done.  I've yet to figure out how to avoid having
> RPC installed when I don't want it.

Rodolfo Paiz started up a project to create a minimal Fedora
installation.  I'm not sure if you're familiar with this already, but
here is his announcement:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-March/msg00404.html

And here are the archives from the list that started.

http://rita.choice-secure.com/pipermail/fedora-minimal_simpaticus.com/

The list is fairly dead now, probably due to FC2 testing and the fact
that they finished minimizing the FC1 installation as much as
reasonable...But the archives have some good information in them.

Greg