[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Mon Apr 19 13:49:38 MDT 2004

Well I've spent over 3 days looking through all the packages in sarge to
see if there's anything I want... which brings me to my dilemna.  I really
really like Debian, and I get obsessed with all the packages and control
it offers, but... it takes SO LONG.  I don't know if it's worth it.  The
advantages to pre-packaged sets are also the disadvantages.  So right now
I'm torn.  I can't decide on which to continue with, Fedora or Debian.
With Fedora I'll probably be more productive because I won't be spending
as much time tweaking the system itself.  The thing I really hate about
Fedora are all the little RH-isms.  I prefer the Debian directory
structure, and I hate all the RH branding on Fedora.  In fact on the
computer I'm at right now, I changed the red hat to a blue one ;)  But I
really hate the structure of the menu on Fedora.  I'd like to have just
plain vanilla GNOME, not Red-Hat-GNOME with those stupid "more [insert
category here] programs >" submenus.

Anyone find a good solution?

-
Then here's to the City of Boston,
The town of the cries and the groans.
Where the Cabots can't see the Kabotschniks,
And the Lowells won't speak to the Cohns.
		-- Franklin Pierce Adams