[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Mon Apr 19 17:24:25 MDT 2004

Quoting Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org>:

> Well I've spent over 3 days looking through all the packages in sarge to
> see if there's anything I want... which brings me to my dilemna.  I really
> really like Debian, and I get obsessed with all the packages and control
> it offers, but... it takes SO LONG.  I don't know if it's worth it.  The
> advantages to pre-packaged sets are also the disadvantages.  So right now
> I'm torn.  I can't decide on which to continue with, Fedora or Debian.

<--SNIP-->

Have you looked at Libranet?

 http://www.libranet.com/

<quote>
Libranet is a Debian based system with the added advantages of a super easy
install, solid support, configuration setup, system management functions and a
collection of applications guaranteed to keep your interest.
</quote>

I'm running it on two systems and have been happy with it.  My primary reason
for going with it was to get a laptop running linux as quickly as possible.  I
needed it for a project and didn't have the time to hand configure all the
laptopesque things like display, sound, USB, APM, etc.

--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/