[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Wed Apr 21 06:28:13 MDT 2004

I don't want to start any sort of flame-war here...let me preface this
email with that :-)

I've been using Redhat since about 6.0 and maybe even 5.5...I started
with Slackware and am now experimenting with Fedora Core 2 Test 2....

I'm really trying to figure out if Debian is really that much better
than the Red Hat/Fedora distros...certainly as I learn more about feeds
and apt-get with Fedora I wonder why they didn't do something like that
to begin with...as I read more about Debian I've come to learn its more
of a "developers" distro...I consider myself a developer but I've never
ran Deb...is it really that much better? If so in what ways...I tried
the Sarge distro about a month ago and it was just kinda hard...granted
I didn't get very far with it because of lack of time...but I keep
wanting to try Deb...any suggestions?

--
http://ccicolorado.org
Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People - Help Out Today!