[CLUE-Tech] Antivirus for Email server

Chris Schock black at clapthreetimes.com
Thu Apr 22 09:53:06 MDT 2004

I use ASSP, which is really more of an email proxy, but thought you might
be interested. It's "antivirus" consists of simply blocking executable
attachments like pif, exe, scr, etc. If you have something stuck in a zip
file then it won't catch it unless you also block zips.

Blocking executables seems to stop nearly all email viruses anyway, so
it's a great first line of defense and will save some grind on whatever
supplemental AV you use.

http://assp.sourceforge.net/

It also has an awesome spam filter which is arguably as important as AV. I
believe you can make ASSP work with other AV products without a lot of
hassle.