[CLUE-Tech] Antivirus for Email server

Dan Harris dan at drivefaster.net
Thu Apr 22 13:10:07 MDT 2004

Don Collier wrote:

> I  know that Trend and F-Prot both have a package that will work, but
> I just wanted to know what it is that some of you use to protect your
> networks.  Thanks.

I use Postifx for the MTA, coupled with Cyrus IMAP and amavisd-new for
filtering.  amavisd-new is a great piece in that it seamlessly
integrates with Clam Antivirus ( as well as all the other popular ones
), a free anti-virus program and libraries as well as Spamassassin.
Since I switched from Exim to this setup, I have fallen in love with it
and don't plan to change anytime soon.

-Dan