[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Collins erichey2 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 19:21:48 MDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:52:07 -0600
"Alex" <Alexzor at warcry.com> wrote:

> Angelo wrote :
> "and I'm looking for a good system with kernel 2.6"
>
> if your looking for a 2.6 system with a lot of power, functionality and an
> awesome community, plus the portage system, i recommend giving gentoo a try
> !

But, tis important to note, the standard Gentoo install will still use 2.4 kernels. You need a little extra work (it's not rocket science) to start up with a 2.6 kernel. I'm sure the next (half year) Gentoo release (only for new installs is it a release) will probably be based on 2.6. Many of us have been running the development kernels since 2.5.x days, and in this case the pioneers didn't get the arrows.

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey