[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Alex Alexzor at warcry.com
Thu Apr 22 22:17:52 MDT 2004

Collins Wrote :
"But, tis important to note, the standard Gentoo install will still use 2.4
kernels. You need a little extra work (it's not rocket science) to start up
with a 2.6 kernel"

If you have a network to run the install off the net, the install is no
different, if not easier than the standard 2.4.  Not only do you get a 2.6
kernel, but one thats optimized for performance on gentoo!  Keep in mind the
install guide has instructions for both bootstrapping, and the liveCD
method, and instructions for both 2.4, and 2.6 kernels.  If the option is
there, why not?  Once you try it, you'll realize why the people that use it
are so fanatical about it.

Alex