[CLUE-Tech] Postfix on Redhat

Warren warren at guano.org
Fri Apr 23 01:45:15 MDT 2004

Chris Hirsch <chris at base2technology.com> wrote:

 > ...is this going to be virtual hosting? PAM, MySQL, LDAP? Let me
 > know and I can point you in a better direction hehe

It will be a mail gateway, I believe.  Right now, mail arrives at the
firewall where it either gets scanned by the anti-virus software or
gets redirected to another machine running the AV.  Then, it gets
delivered to the Exchange server.

He didn't have much success getting Spamassassin to run under Solaris,
so he's going to attempt to run Spamassassin on Linux with Postfix.
 He'll then either place that between the AV and the Exchange box or
intercept incoming mail before it gets to the AV.

 --

 </W>