[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Apr 22 20:31:15 MDT 2004

David Anselmi wrote:

> The sad thing was that one lab had 2 full time guys who did nothing but
> compile the RH Enterprise SRPMs so they could run RHE without "paying"
> for it.  If those two guys had done Debian development to make Debian as
> good[1] as RH, we all would benefit.  Ah well, my tax dollars at work.

Heck, they could have just downloaded them from www.whiteboxlinux.org
and done something else useful with their time.  ;-)

Pass that along to them!

(And of course, even if they hadn't found WhiteBox -- why weren't they
actively sharing their hard work recompiling stuff with the rest of the
government agencies that wanted to use RHEL?  Sigh... "What we have
here, is a failure to communicate!")

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com