[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 19 19:42:46 MDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:49:38 +0000 (UTC)
Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> Well I've spent over 3 days looking through all the packages in sarge
> to see if there's anything I want... which brings me to my dilemna.  I
> really really like Debian, and I get obsessed with all the packages
> and control it offers, but... it takes SO LONG.  I don't know if it's
> worth it.

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse, but here goes again.  Just get a
Knoppix disk, do the install to disk (quick), then upgrade your apt-get
controls, and then you can upgrade to whatever level of Debian you
prefer. A one-time bit of grief, and then you'll have the Debian system
you're lusting after.

I did this very thing about a year ago, but I gave it up because I don't
prefer the Debian setup. Pure laziness, of course, since it's no more
difficult to get used to Debian than it is to Gentoo. But then, of
course, there's the Debian Gnu-Linux religion which always leaves a sour
taste in my mouth.

Good luck.

--
 /\/\