[CLUE-Tech] fedora umount floppy as root

James LaRue jlarue at jlarue.com
Fri Apr 23 08:26:02 MDT 2004

>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:13:16 -0600
>From: David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>
>To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
>Subject: Re: [CLUE-Tech] debian versus fedora
>
>[...]
>

>>On Tuesday, April 20, 2004, at 07:50 AM, James LaRue wrote:
>>

>[...]
>

>>>Fedora seems to require being root at a terminal to unmount a
>>>floppy (which does rather limit Fedora's likelihood of use in a
>>>public computing environment).
>>>

>Missed this the first time round.  Most likely you just need to tweak
>/etc/fstab.  If you have automount stuff going on it might be harder
>than that.
>
>Dave

That's interesting. My fstab entry says:
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

which seems right. But on occasion, the right-click/eject option simply
doesn't work, requiring a "umount -l /mnt/floppy". A bug?

--
Jamie LaRue, Director
Douglas County Libraries

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.” -- Woody Allen