[CLUE-Tech] Fedora vs Debain

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Apr 23 09:51:10 MDT 2004

Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> I still have a hankering to get debian running on my computer!  I
> can't help it, I like their standards and their structure enough to
> still want to use it.  But every time I've tried installing it, it has
> hung up on me frequently in X-Windows.  If anyone can give me advice
> on this, I might be willing to try again.

Load Knoppix.  Copy X configuration off to another box.  Load Debian.
Copy X configuration into Debian.   ;-)  That seems to be a common
technique as long as your hardware is not proprietary (Nvidia, etc.).
It's massively cheating, but it works!  (GRIN)

Go toward the liggggght.... go toward the liggggght.  (LOL... all I
could imagine when you said it was drawing you in was something like the
movie Poltergeist.)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com