[CLUE-Tech] Followup on insmod -f

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sat Apr 24 23:31:59 MDT 2004

> I would guess that you need au8820 rather than sound-slot-0 above.
>
> Where did you get the au8820 driver?  It seems it doesn't match your
> kernel version if you need -f.  So getting one that does match your
> kernel might help.

The au8820 is on sourceforge where you can get some open source files,
along with some necessary .o files which are precompiled by whatever
company made the soundcard.  The .o files were compiled with gcc2, and
the company has had no intention of giving more help than that.  I'll
try using au8820 instead.

Angelo