[CLUE-Tech] Comcast question

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Aug 6 11:27:05 MDT 2004

Mike wrote:
[...]
> I have comcast and have been running an home email server for
> approximately 8 months. I haven't turned on the web server to the
> outside world, yet.  The user agreement specifically states that neither
> a mail or web server is allowed.

Qwest's agreement doesn't say this.  Some places (AOL) block their
dynamic IPs, but that's because they are dynamic rather than because
they send lots of spam (which isn't to say they don't send lots of spam).

Qwest will do reverse DNS for static IPs.  I'm not sure how "proper" it
is because I run several (mail) domains on one IP.