[CLUE-Tech] Brute force attack from host 208.188.115.21

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 22:20:57 MDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:47:32 -0400
"Roy J. Tellason" <rtellason at blazenet.net> wrote:

[ snips ]

> ...I'm not that happy with what > they're [ comcast ] offering around
> here at the present time.  One aspect of it being that you must be a
> tv cable subscriber to get the decent rates,

It was only a few bucks more for me without tv cable. Later, I took
advantage of their special offer, and I get basic tv cable (not much)
for only 3 bucks more than my digital cable service.

>and the other being that they have a "no servers" policy, which also
>was one of the reasons I passed over another local ISP.  If I'm buying
>a chunk of connectivity what is their concern as to how I use it?  I
>get real tired of the assumptions that are built into some folks
>thinking that we're *all* the average windoze user and doing things in
>the average way.  Doesn't work here!  :-)

True enough, but I can't get DSL service, and I haven't (yet) needed to
run a server. As a desktop user with multiple (windows with virus
protection and linux) boxes behind the cable modem, it's ideal for me.
As mentioned ad nauseam, I can (still) ignore those services who block
my emails.

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey