[CLUE-Tech] Comcast question

Don Collier dcollier at collierclan.com
Sat Aug 7 13:02:12 MDT 2004

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions, but hopefully this is
not an issue any more.  After a nice talk with my provider things seem
to be working rather nicely now.  The owner was very apologetic and
understanding, but I guess that we will have to see if it lasts or not.

Given my choices I would much rather stay where I am for a couple of
reasons.  First, they don't care if I have my servers as long as the
bandwidth they use is acceptable.  Acceptable being normal family
usage.  This is fine for me because it is only my wife and I who use the
mail server for now.  My oldest will probably start using it soon.  I
also get two free static IP addresses to use as I wish.  The second
reason is that they are a Linux shop, from what I understand that is,
and a small business.  I like to support the little guys.

I am going to give them another couple of months and see how things work.